Beside Still Waters: How to Receive Services
Updated: Nov 12, 2020
Our Mission: Led by our Good Shepherd, we seek to provide single parent families with the tools, skills and support they need to move forward to secure and full lives. (John 10:10)
Intake: The prospective single parent family undergoes a series of interviews to determine if the family meets program criteria. Churches, word-of-mouth and community agencies identify and refer families.
Criteria for Program Participation:
· A single parent who is in custody of his/her child/children is in need of assistance to be able to provide a secure, financially sustainable and healthy home environment for their child/ children. A financial need would be a part of these criteria. Their will likely be other needs as well.
· This parent is willing to participate in parenting training, counseling, and ongoing case management and agrees to abide by the rules for being enrolled in the program.
· The parent is able to provide transportation or is able to use public or other transportation independently. (It is preferred and may be necessary that the parent have a working vehicle and a driver’s license.) This may be evaluated on a case by case basis.
· The parent is employed or has some income to enable them to begin to participate in a budget-planning program as well as to pay some minimum rental fees that will gradually increase as the program year continues until a normal rental fee is being paid.
· The parent has no record of child abuse.
· The parent undergoes and passes with satisfactory results a background check.
· Children will be enrolled in school or appropriate childcare when required. (Paid childcare is not provided as a regular part of this program. However, parents would be assisted in finding appropriate child care alternatives where that is needed.)
· There is a reasonable possibility that this parent will be able to complete program residency and become self sufficient within one to two years of program work and assistance.
· Our program provides a suitable and safe home for our participating family. We pay the rent and utilities through ministry funding.
· All services are provided via local agencies, Still Waters Staff and volunteers. Still Waters coordinates these services to enable families to receive them.
· Financial and Spiritual counseling as well as case management visits happen in the home setting as well as in church or other corporate settings.
· Trained therapy is provided by licensed local Counseling centers such as Insight Counseling.
Program Management and Accountability:
· This ministry operates as a Christian ministry of the Murfreesboro Presbytery.
· Money to finance the program comes from individual donors and from funding from the Murfreesboro Presbytery via the Board of Mission (BOM).
· Utilities and lease agreements are made directly with Still Waters Family Ministries, Inc.